A data breach or ransomware attack costs more than just a business’s money. On top of the hundreds – if not thousands – of dollars, there is the reputation costs businesses have built over the years. Combined with the fact that ransomware attacks are targeting small businesses more often, it’s crucial for them to upgrade their cybersecurity solutions in order to address these threats.
It does sound expensive; however, small and medium-size businesses can get access to the latest and greatest solutions by partnering with a managed service provider (MSP), preventing these attacks, mitigating the damages, and not having to spend hefty fees for the services either.
Here is how it’s done.
What MSPs Provide
For small and medium-sized businesses, MSPs are the most effective way to protect them from attacks and have defensive measures in place. MSPs provide a focused team that will work to provide those services. Furthermore, this team will not take up any of the business’s resources – which are limited and valuable.
What MSPs provide is for businesses to move their resources to other matters and be assured that their data is protected through several proactive measures that MSPs can do. For example, MSPs will provide:
- 24/7 monitoring
- Data encryption and backup
- Real time threat prevention and elimination
- Network and firewall protection
- Security awareness training
- And more
Here is a brief overview of each of the services mentioned above.
- 24/7 monitoring. Also marketed as “around-the-clock monitoring”, this service ensures that MSPs are always keeping an eye out for potential threats and dealing with them quickly. After all, a cyberattack can happen at any time.
- Data encryption and backup. Data encryption itself is the ultimate form of protection as it transforms any data into a format that is completely unreadable. This can all be done using a key, which is accessible only by authorized users. This ensures that if the data is ever compromised, no one can read it except for those with the key. In addition to encryption, data backup services provide an additional layer of protection as they preserve copies of data that can be restored in the event of a data breach or natural disaster.
- Real-time threat prevention and elimination. Along the lines of 24/7 monitoring, MSPs have technology that is able to detect and stop threats as they are being committed. This reduces the impact attacks have on businesses while keeping the data safe.
- Network and firewall protection. Networks and firewalls are responsible for creating barriers between business networks and the internet. These are in place to gather and maintain data that customers input as well as employee records and trade secrets. Networks can be configured in various ways to allow certain people in while blocking others out and MSPs can assist in setting that up.
- Security awareness training. Now more than ever, it’s important that individuals be aware of cybersecurity threats and how to protect themselves. MSPs can facilitate these as they help employees spot red flags and provide simple steps to ensure that data remains safe.
What MSPs Do
The role of an MSP is to provide services that not only identify but fix the weakest spots in a business IT infrastructure. By doing so, it provides the business with a stronger digital backbone to keep the business process and data safe and strong.
In addition to preventative measures, MSPs can offer faster network performance, a stronger business that can grow and maintain itself in the face of disaster through recovery strategies and keep downtime to a minimum during the recovery process. This is in addition to having a dedicated team of IT professionals with years of experience who are willing to assist businesses in any technology-related issue.
About MSP Corp
MSP Corp understands you’ve worked hard to build your business and you want to protect it. With a mission to be a world-class business partner for MSP owners across Canada, we actively seek to acquire and partner with owners looking to secure the value of the business they have built and provide a seamless exit process that ensures business continuity and employee and client stability.
Contact us today to learn more about selling your business and maximizing its value.